This book is intended for the military professional; the officer or senior enlisted that implements the commands and policies from our CINC and elected officials. That said; all ranks can use this reference, as it is cross-referenced and can explain things it took me 20 years in to learn. Also, everyone who has an interest in the military whether job related (as a politician, media, contractor or supplier) or personal (former military, news junkie [like myself]), or just questions (‘what the hell are they talking about?’) can find this an invaluable explanation. Although designed for the professional warrior, wherever possible items are cross-referenced so even with minimal exposure to the military the average person can extract (painlessly) the information desired.
• Military Acronym section: over 100 pages of Joint acronyms cross-referenced with additional explanatory notes where possible. Also nonstandard acronyms, those unofficial but commonly used expressions.
• Military Definitions: explaining terms, history, traditions and normal slang used in the trenches.
• Military Equipment: gives the designation, name, specifications and main uses for not only current equipment and weapons, but retired/historical as well.
• NBC: breakdown on Nuclear Biological and Chemical weapon systems with explanations and a review of the history, employment, defenses and an assessment of the countries of the world who have or have had them.
Also includes an explanation and examination of the history of explosives. Measurements to include calibers and time zones.
• Country Codes: Capitals, former names, regional alliances or associations
• Terrorism: the worlds terrorist organizations, their leader, acts of terror they’ve perpetuated and they area of the world they operate in including who they cooperate with or are supported by. Listing of prominent dictators or tyrants.
• Military Organization: breakdown on each major branch of service’s organizational structure, forts/bases/ports, and units assigned.
• Rank, Uniforms and Awards for all branches.
• Reference: alphabet (phonetic, IMC, ASL, Braille, flags), formats for SOP’s, Warning Orders, Op Orders
• Medical: heat index, PULHES, history and MEDEVAC
• Forms, Manuals, Supply codes
• Religion: major religious dates and the appropriate means in each for religion for comfort of the dying and proper burial (also baptism); include burial at sea and inspirational prayers as well.
• Military History: examination of the history of military operations in the US (including pre-revolution) and all major and minor conflicts worldwide thru Iraq with emphasis on key events and the individuals who made a difference (although mentioning the interesting/news worthy incidents)
• Motivational: Creeds, Songs, quotes
• Respect: flag display
• Water resistant cover, heavy duty coil binding, heavy duty and high quality bond paper, small enough to use as a single reference to carry or have on your desk. Has convenient reference tabs to quickly access data and will lay flat or fold over for easy reference.